The Group was established in 2008 through the Community Council as it was felt that the Memorial Park in the town was not being adequately maintained. We were initially called the Friends of the Memorial Park however changed our name to the present one when volunteers felt they had the capacity to improve other areas.
We have over 200 members, all of whom pay an annual subscription. That being said there are only about 12 to 15 active volunteers plus a robust team who maintain the baskets and planters. We are a fully constituted group with a committee and office bearers.
The Group is funded through a variety of means:-
- Annual subscriptions
- Collecting cans
- Annual plant sale/coffee morning
- Community and other organisation grants.
To enhance the appearance of Bridge of Allan and help make it an attractive place in which to live, work and visit.
- Support the maintenance of Bridge of Allan's parks and other open spaces in partnership with Stirling Council and other agencies.
- Through schools and young people's organisations promote Community involvement in and awareness of Bridge of Allan's open spaces.
- Provide and maintain hanging baskets, planters and tubs throughout Bridge of Allan.
- Carry out activities in collaboration with Bridge of Allan Community Council.