Unfortunately, in the past year, Scotrail have, in our view, failed to adequately manage the grass cutting and general upkeep of the station. This is outwith the control of the Friends of Bridge of Allan and in the circumstances we have decided to no longer adopt the Station. This is extremely disappointing and the decision was not taken lightly.
- We adopted the Railway Station in 2009.
- We receive a small amount of funding from Abellio.
- We have planted over a dozen trees to soften landscape.
- We provide planting and planters to enhance Station and surrounding area.
- We maintain all plants and planted areas.
- We worked with Scottish Power to upgrade their sub station building.
- We fitted watering butts to enable easy watering of the tubs and planters.